Highway 7 and Highway 35, Preliminary Design and Class Environmental Assessment Study, GWP 69-99-00 (2010)
In June 2010, a Transportation Environmental Study Report (TESR) was completed to document the Preliminary Design and Environmental Assessment study for improvements to the Highway 7 corridor from 0.9 km west of the junction of Kawartha Lakes Road 18 easterly to 2.0 km east of the junction of Kawartha Lakes Road 36, and Highway 35 from the Highway 7/35/7B West intersection northerly to Colborne Street West, in the City of Kawartha Lakes.
The widening and rehabilitation of the Highway 7 Scugog River Bridge, located within this Detail Design study area limits, was recommended under a separate Preliminary Design and Environmental Assessment study (WP 4264-04-00). In consideration of the condition of the bridge, construction of this work was previously completed
Highway 7 Widening from Angeline Street to Slanted Road (2016)
In 2016, the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO) retained WSP (formerly MMM Group) to complete the Detail Design and Class Environmental Assessment for the widening of Highway 7 from 400 m west of Angeline Street to 400 m south of Slanted Road.
A Notice of Study Commencement was published in Peterborough This Week and Kawartha Lakes This Week on November 8 and 9, 2017, respectively. At that time, letters were sent to adjacent property owners, Indigenous communities, and a stakeholder contact list to invite comments, questions, or concerns that may pertain to the study.
The scope of the study has since been revised to include the widening of the section of Highway 7 from west of Angeline Street to east of Highway 35 only. The Detail Design for the remainder of the study area, from east of Highway 35 to 400 m south of Slanted Road, will be completed under a separate assignment.
Current Study: Highway 7 Widening from Angeline Street to Highway 35 (2021)
The current study consists of the Detail Design and Environmental Assessment for the widening of Highway 7 from approximately 900 m west of Angeline Street to approximately 700 m east of Highway 35.
The proposed improvements include:
- Widening of Highway 7 from two lanes to four lanes, separated by a flush median;
- Lane transitions from two to four lanes at the east and west ends of the project limits;
- Resurfacing of the existing pavement;
- Intersection improvements (including traffic signal upgrades) at Angeline Street/Little Britain Road and at Highway 35 (including reconstruction of the existing channelized ramps and construction of a new channelized ramp in the northwest quadrant); and
- Utility relocations, landscape planting, culvert replacements and drainage works, as required.